First segment: Do You Have Lead Paint in Your Home? You have to be Licensed To Deal With It Did you know that up to 90% of all New Orleans homes contain lead paint? When ingested, lead paint can cause irreversible brain damage to adults, children and pets. Last April, the EPA passed a regulation requiring training and certification to renovate any home that contains lead paint this applies to all contractors, property managers and even home owners, doing ANY rehab work. Learn about lead paint, and sign up for a training program to be offered in October.